Samson: "The Strongest Name in Rope" and the worldwide leader in high-performance cordage.
For nearly 140 years, Samson has had an unwavering commitment to quality, product innovation, application engineering and post-sale support. Their products are used throughout the world and deliver lightweight alternatives to steel cable in a variety of industrial, commercial and marine applications. They have extensive experience developing solutions for unique and complex applications including mooring lines for energy carriers, tug and towing, offshore energy, and mining. They also offer an extensive product range for recreational sailing, commercial fishing, arborist, rescue, military, utility and other commercial markets. Their customers benefit from a full line of synthetic ropes built to excel in demanding environments. They pioneer the use of new fiber technology, develop innovative coatings and constructions to produce ropes with unprecedented performance characteristics.
With more experience designing and developing high performance synthetic ropes than any other manufacturer in the world, their research and development team is meeting an ever-expanding market need for products with exceptional performance in critical applications.Samson engineers continue to pioneer the use of new fiber technology and the development of innovative coatings and constructions to produce ropes with unprecedented performance characteristics. Samson is part of Wind River Holdings™ (WRH) portfolio of operating companies.
The position is located in Ferndale, WA (just outside of Bellingham, WA). See first-hand one of Washington’s hidden gems. Bellingham is regularly listed as one of the best places to live and retire. If you enjoy boating, skiing, hiking, golf, great sound & mountain views, neighborhoods, schools, this is a great place to live.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the VP of Sales & Marketing provides effective leadership and strategic direction to all sales & marketing activities to drive profitable business growth. As a member of the Executive Team of Samson, this position plays a crucial role in defining and executing company strategy. The VP of Sales & Marketing acts as role model, motivator, team leader and culture builder and fosters adherence to Samson’s core values. The VP of Sales & Marketing leads a team of professionals to develop and achieve short and long term marketing & sales plans in support of the Company’s growth strategy.
- Hires, develops and retains a high performance sales & marketing team consisting of the Americas and International Sales, New Business Development and Marketing teams.
- Effectively partners with the Senior Leadership Team to develop, align and execute the overall company strategic business plan.
- Leads the development of the overall Company’s growth plan and supporting marketing & sales strategy including growth strategies by market and geography.
- Owns the development and execution of integrated sales & marketing plans. Defines, monitors and achieves key success metrics across marketing & sales.
- Leads all marketing & sales activities for a premium product/brand by selling value rather than price.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of different sales methods and manages multiple channel selling strategies: direct to end-users and OEMs; indirect through distribution and channel partners.
- Strengthens Key Account Management and Opportunity management capabilities, leverages CRM systems (Salesforce) and drives best practices.
- Strengthens the marketing function including portfolio management, product marketing and marketing communications.
- Develops insightful value propositions, compelling products and impactful marketing communication.
- Develops marketing metrics to evaluate and increase the effectiveness of marketing spend and demand generation.