Samson, the worldwide leader in high performance cordage, is seeking a swing shift Material Handler I to join our team in Ferndale, WA.
The Material Handler I will support the Shipping Department with regards to coordination of shipping of products, receiving products, and keeping the flow of material in and out of the department/WIP areas. Practice a high level of business ethics, professionalism, safety, and quality in all activities in accordance with Samson strategy and core values.
- Picks, packages, ships and receives orders with appropriate system transactions, labeling and paperwork in a safe, productive and accurate manner.
- Prepare shipping documents and reports to include preparation of international documentation.
- Release order and finished goods for inventory or customer. Arrange carrier specified on customer order.
- Perform basic warehouse and inventory transactions.
- Responsible for quality control and notify lead or supervisor of any quality concerns.
- Safely operate hoist, man lifts, loading docks & forklifts / fill out daily forklift check off sheets.
- Complete cycle counts/inventory in assigned warehouse.
- Collect finish goods from staging area, separate according to customer or Warehouse and place in bins.
- Comply with 5S programs and participate in process improvement programs (i.e. Lean).
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor or management.
Required: High school diploma or GED
Required: Minimum of 3 months experience driving forklift.
Desired: Some warehouse experience; forklift certification